Among a lot of kinds of topper, natural latex mattress topper is well-known as it is made from renewable resources in nature. When customers go shopping for a top natural latex topper, it’s essential to know the facts of this topper and go through some reviews about the best ones.
Keep reading to learn more about it and best natural latex toppers we recommend you.
A. Overview of natural latex topper
1. What is a natural latex topper composed of?
Natural latex is made of sap from rubber trees. However, normally the natural latex topper is not made from sole sap.
In order to make the topper become solid and increase the topper lifespan, manufacturers often use 95-97% natural latex in a topper, the other 3-5% is additives like zinc oxide, fatty acid soaps, sulfur – those are important for vulcanization, foaming, and curing process. Natural latex is whipped into a liquid foam, poured into molds, and baked into a cozy latex layer.
2. Benefits of natural latex topper
Unlike polyurethane (known as synthetic latex foam) which creates an environment for dust mites, mold and mildew by trapping and keeping heat or moisture, natural latex is very breathable. It resists mold, and dust mites resulting in dry and comfortable sleeping status for a restful night. Therefore, this is the true topper for allergy sufferers whose nose and skin are sensitive for strong smell and chemical touch from alternatives.
Most natural latex toppers last as long as two or three traditional foam toppers meanwhile they still preserve their shape and great resilience along the years. An investment in a quality, natural extra topper on your current mattress will definitely be worth good sleep in the whole life.
The best natural latex toppers can deliver comfortable sleep by their responsive surface for pressure relief and right support for your spine and your body. Either less or over is not good at all. With a customizable, layered design, there is a wide range of firmness from soft, medium, to firm or even extra firm for different preferences.
Latex does not transfer motion the way most innersprings do, so light sleepers also benefit from natural latex toppers when others are next to them.
3. Famous brands of top natural latex topper
Top natural latex toppers can be mentioned Organic Textiles LLC, OrganicTextiles Store, Thomasville, Vytex, Sleep On Latex, etc.
B. 7 best natural latex toppers make you live healthier and sleep better
1. Organic Latex Mattress Topper 3″ Inch – Firm [GOTS Certified] Organic Cotton Cover Protector – Durable and Luxurious
Produced by Organic Textiles LLC – a famous manufacturer of natural bedding products, this top natural latex topper is dedicated to delivering a healthy sleep to users. A solid layer of 3 inches with a firm base creates a strong and durable support for your body and limits sagging, especially on the edge of the mattress.
It is made from eco-harvested rubber that gives pressure point relief on those heavy parts like head, hip. Additionally, it has a good resilience without flattening over the time of use. Exclusive pin-core design results in air ventilation, providing comfortable and restful sleep experience for all users.
1.1. What makes the topper safe for sleepers?
It was granted Global Organic Latex Standard (GOLS) certification – a strict standard assessed by a group of inspectors called Control Union. When a product is audited and given GOLS or GOTS, it is authorized as ethical treatment of workers, the environment, and the consumers. Below are criteria that Organic Textiles 3-inch topper got ticks:
- No GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms) or GM seeds
- Free of synthetic blends like sand, ash, or petroleum byproducts
- No antibiotics or artificial growth hormones
- No toxic persistent pesticides, flame retardants, or similar toxins
- Environmentally sound production with low carbon footprint
- Ethical treatment of workers with safe conditions, living wages, and right to organize
- Surprisingly, its natural characteristic comes from inside to outside as the ivory quilted organic cotton cover is soft, smooth and friendly to user’ skin, too.
1.2. Pros and cons of a Organic Latex Mattress Topper 3″ Inch – Firm
- Available in 3 sizes: Twin XL – 38 x 80cm, Queen – 60 x 80cm, Cal King – 72 x 84cm
- Pure natural smell of rubber
- Non-toxic chemicals
- Antibacterial, and dust mite resistant
- Cotton cover is non-replaceable
- Fairly firm
- High price range from $250-350 depending on bed size
2. 100% Organic Latex Topper, 2″ Inch, Soft Firmness [GOLS Certified] with Strong Premium Organic Cotton Cover Protector
This is rated among the best natural latex toppers since it’s made from 100% natural rubber sap without any synthetics. Therefore, users are free of entrapped chemicals which are usually seen in normal memory foam. Numerous tiny holes inside the topper let the air pass in and out, creating a breathable base for sweaty sleepers.
The upgraded version with organic cotton cover which is silky and sturdy at the same time contributes to bring a superior look to the product.
2.1. What makes 100% Organic Latex Topper, 2″ Inch, Soft Firmness healthy to sleep in?
The topper received GOLS certification as a natural product. In order to achieve this, the product is produced not only from organic materials without toxic pesticides, artificial hormones or synthetic-free components, but also in a safe and friendly manufacturing process to the environment, workers and users.
This natural latex topper is completed with a cotton cover certified GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard). The whole process of cotton harvest ensures a pure finished product from no GMO seed, no pesticide during growth to handpick harvest method and no bleach liquid in dye step. All bring an environmentally-friendly product to your home.
2.2. Reviews from customer
Most people said the topper is soft but not saggy at all. It remains firm enough to support the back and spine regardless back, side, stomach sleeping postures.
Others praised that it is not too thick. Its 2-inch thickness with high density is comfortable for even a family of 3 people. Meanwhile, it still delivers a comfortable and airy bed in the summer by pin hole design.
- Full size range from Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen to Cali King
- Slight smell
- Totally natural from latex to top cover
- Soft firmness for users suffering back pain
- Quite heavy with a weight of 40 pounds
- Non-removable protective cover
3. 100% Natural Latex Mattress Topper – Medium Firmness – 2 Inch – Twin XL Size – Cotton Cover Included
This natural latex mattress topper is a perfect additional layer of a mattress that is too soft or too hard. The 100% natural dunlop latex material adds plush to the body of sleepers, so it lets users sleep deeper and more comfortable on their old mattress.
Concerns about hygiene of a natural product is not for this topper since it’s indicated hypo-allergenic and anti-microbial. It also increases air ventilation and releases body temperature for a cooler night and mold-free surface in a high moisture room.
- 4 available sizes to choose: Twin, Extra Twin, Queen, King
- 2 options of thickness: 2 inches and 3 inches
- Acceptable price from only $129
- Warranty of 5 years
- 30 days of trial (return within 30 days will be fully refunded)
- Attached with removable zipped cotton cover
- Carbon Neutral certification by Control Union
- White top cover is easy to get dirty
4. Vytex 100% Natural Latex Topper – The Only Virtually Allergy Free Latex – Medium
Vytex natural latex topper is exceptional among those in the same range. Unlike normal natural latex, Vytex is a formula mainly from raw material exclusively harvested from Hevea brasiliensis trees.
4.1. What leads Vytex to the top recommendation list?
Excellent service when you enjoy free shipping and even 100 nights of trial add up its customers’ satisfaction. Any returns after the trial period because of dissatisfaction or exchange will be free, too. That’s superior for made in USA products.
The premium ingredient prevents allergy like natural rubber latex or chemical effects like non-latex ones. This allows your whole family to enjoy clean and healthy living conditions.
Furthermore, the topper provides uplifting support to your body, keeps your entire body balanced on the surface and reduces pressure on heavy points. Although its thickness is 2 inches, it makes a different feel by maintaining durability at every corner of the topper, bouncing back to the original shape after a night and keeping it long lasting for years.
Heat buildup is no longer the concern when people use a topper and a mattress at the same time thanks to ventilated design that enhances airflow inside.
Comments from current users also reflect that after purchase service is so good that they rated it 5 stars. For a topper or mattress, the comfort that it brings about is the most important factor and this Vytex has some densities to choose from upon which firmness rate you prefer. And again, if you realize the purchased product does not fit for you, exchange is available with quick delivery.
4.2. Why should I choose Vytex 100% Natural Latex Topper?
- 100 days of trial service
- Premium material without allergy
- Made in USA tag
- Floating and cool surface
- No cover is included
- Noticeable smell
- Pure white color that gets dirty easily
5. Pure Green 100% Natural Latex Mattress Topper – Medium Firmness (GOLS Certified Organic)
The topper is made through a dunlop process that can lead to different performances. It’s still springy but not bouncy as talalay latex mattress. That’s why this SleepOnLatex product is considered the top natural latex topper.
5.1. Who is this Pure Green 100% Natural Latex Mattress Topper good for?
People with back pain
The product is committed excluding any synthetic latex, but 100% natural latex harvested in Sri Lanka.
It provides more comfort to your body, conforms to your touched parts, never sinks during the night and quickly regains the shape in the next morning thanks to the density of 5 Lbs / Cubic Ft. Therefore, it’s a good daily therapy for users with back pain which can ease their pressure.
Pinpointed support allows the topper to retain its firmness and durability over the time to protect our spine. It belongs to medium firm class (30 ILD) among various ranges of firmness for latex toppers.
People may doubt 2 layers of mattress and topper will make the bed too hot or stuck to sleep. However, Pure Green Natural Latex Foam with a lot of small air chambers will not capture your body heat but neutralizes it and lets the air circulate between your body and the underneath mattress.
The topper is a healthy add-on layer that carries a lot of international health and environment certifications. Parents are no longer worried about children sleeping. Even people with sensitive skin are free to stay 8 hours in bed because of these certificates:
- GOLS Certification
- Greenguard Gold Certification
- Oeko-Tex Class 1 Certification
- EcoInstitut Certification
5.2. Pros and cons of Pure Green 100% Natural Latex Mattress Topper
- Different thickness of 1 inch, 2 inches, 3 inches
- Full sizes for 5 bed types
- Compact carton box packaging
- 100% natural latex
- Recognised safe and friendly by many laboratories
- Tiny of foam pieces may fall over the time
- No top cover accessories
6. OrganicTextiles Organic Latex Mattress Topper, Medium Firmness 3″
People who prefer medium level of firmness may opt for this best natural latex topper with 24-28 ILD right amount of support. Inside topper is free from artificial chemicals, flame retardants which are often seen in traditional foams, so you can sleep well in the bed without worries about skin allergy.
Natural latex from organic rubber trees will never be harmful to your family by wicking away moisture and staying away from mold for better health by air ventilation design. You will no longer awake at midnight because of heat with this topper but enjoy a restful and deeper experience compared to a bare mattress layer.
- 2 versions of cotton covering and no covering to choose
- Medium firmness for enough soft surface
- Makeover the bed with 3-inch thickness
- No odor
- Pretty heavy to flip or move
- No mentioned certificate
Natural or organic products now become a trend not only for environmental sustainability but also for human life longevity. These top natural latex products make a contribution to that trend and your consumption, therefore, will encourage those objectives’ achievement. Hope that the 7 products listed above can help you make a faster decision of the best natural latex mattress topper to opt for your bedroom.